There must be something in the water in Columbus, Ohio because that city is crazy talented. From its street art to small businesses and everything in between, creativity radiates in its culture. The local music scene is out of this world. There is so much talent and creativity in that community. You need to drop what you’re doing and listen to these bands right now.
1) Vesperteen Vesperteen was a solo project started by Colin Rigsby after more than a decade of playing drums in another Columbus native band House of Heroes. He released Vesperteen’s debut EP two years ago and has gained quite a following since. Vesperteen concerts are full of dancing and community. Vesperteen is going to be on tour with The Wrecks in October and November. There’s also a short headlining tour in December. If he’s coming to a town near you, I have one word for you: GO!
2) Jetty Bones Jetty Bones does not only have amazing music and merch, but Kelc (the mind behind Jetty Bones) is literally the sweetest person to exist. Lyrics to the songs are honest and personal but extremely relatable. Jetty Bones’ new EP Old Women is out October 6. Make sure to check it out!
3) Fashion Week Fashion Week a small alt-rock band with a soft and safe sound. They have put out three EP’s along with a single titled “SCARS.” Their music is the perfect soundtrack for a cool Fall day. Go sit in the sun, and play this music on repeat.
4) Graceful Closure Graceful Closure promotes love, grace, and hope through their lyrics. Their fanbase is super close, so their shows feel like a big (fun) family reunion and dance party all in one. If you need some encouragement, blast these songs. You’ll be dancing in no time.
5) Clubhouse Clubhouse is an indie pop band. Their music will make you feel like a Spring afternoon. They’re another band that will make you want to dance all around your room. They don’t have much music out right now, but their music will make you smile.
I hope you’ll give these bands a listen and a follow. They’re all extremely talented groups. If they come to a town near you, I highly recommend going to a show.
Find out more about Angela!